Waterfront 3-bedroom cottage on Sand Pond in the beautiful western Maine mountains, affordable and pet friendly, rustic but modernized, fully furnished kitchen, linens provided. Private: you cannot see or hear a neighbor. One step to cottage, bathroom and bedroom on first floor, gentle slope and a few stairs to lakefront and dock make it feasible for elder guests or those with limited mobility. Sleeps 6 adults comfortably. Cathedral ceiling and ceiling fan in living room make it feel spacious and airy. Porch and downstairs bedroom have ceiling fans; 2 upstairs bedrooms with floor fans and cross-ventilation. This is a quiet (except during snowmobile season) camp with a shallow(23 feet at its deepest point), warm, sandy pond, 40′ dock, across a dead-end dirt road, so it may not be suitable for toddlers as other camps’ residents do use the road, 15mph speed limit.
This is a very rural area, great for reading on the screened-in front porch overlooking the pond or on the large dock or sitting in front of the wood stove. Most popular activities: listening for the loons that serenade each evening, sunset watching, swimming, boating, fishing, hiking, berry picking, chilling in a porch rocking chair, lobster grilling, gathering with friends around the fire pit at sunset.The pond is full of large-mouth bass and white and yellow perch.
You can quickly find small town life 10 miles away in Farmington, a couple of interesting restaurants, two independent bookstores, an ice cream stand, antique stores in nearby towns, and a summer farmer’s market. 15 minutes to pick strawberries and blueberries in season and buy freshly caught lobster. Half an hour to Mt. Blue State Park, 45 minutes north to scenic Rangeley with brilliant fall foliage and dramatic mountain views (and you may see moose). Chesterville is about 3 1/2 hours from Boston and 90 minutes from the coast.
Click Here to View Amenities
- 1 queen bedroom, 1 double, 1 with two twin beds decorated for children
- 1 bath with shower, clothes washer and dryer, outside clothes line
- Two new kayaks, canoe, pedal boat provided
- Gas and charcoal grills, both Weber
- Firepit right on the water, with Adirondack chairs
- Microwave, toaster oven, stick and regular blenders, crockpot, rice cooker, baking pans
- Coffeemaker with built-in grinder
- Picnic table
- Horseshoes, water toys, board games, cards
- Land line phone
- Satellite TV (basic channels)
- Stove-cut wood provided (gather your own for firepit!)
- Parking for 2-3 cars
- Adult and children’s bookcase of good reads
- Board games
- DVD player
- CD player
- Nearby wildlife refuge, farm for grass fed beef and cage free eggs, movie theatre with drive-in, tennis courts, bowling alley, frequent summer concerts.
- Skiing locally at Titcomb Mountain, equidistant from Saddleback, Sugarloaf, and Sunday River
July 1 through Labor Day $950 per week
September after Labor Day $125 nightly $750 weekly
October $750 weekly $1000 monthly
December $1000 monthly
Maine lodging tax is 9%
Damage security deposit $400 high season, $1000 winter
Refundable extra pet security deposit $100
Check in is 3p.m; check out is 11a.m.
In case of cancellation, deposit will be returned only if the property is re-rented for the period you reserved. The full week’s rent is charged for partial weeks
Partial weeks/long weekends considered except in July and August. Ask for details.