This spacious house in the Hancock Point summer community is located right on Frenchman Bay with shared private beach and features a lovely view of the mountains of Acadia National Park. The location is tranquil, yet only a 20-minute drive to Ellsworth for groceries and shopping. You can get the last minute essentials at Hancock Grocery in the “don’t blink your eyes” village of Hancock. You can walk to the famous Crocker House right on the point, or drive 10 minutes to Ironbound Restaurant or Chester Pike’s for excellent food.
Nearby are public dock, tennis courts and a charming summer library, all within walking distance. We’ve been lucky enough to spend summers here for nearly sixty years—we hope you will love it as much as we do.
It’s not a modern house (although the kitchen is); it’s old and comfortable and a bit worn in places, but it’s clean, light and airy and the location is idyllic. There are five main bedrooms, for 2 adults each, and one with a child bed and crib as well. Maximum occupancy is 14. Children welcome, no pets allowed. Non-smoking house.
Area activities include antiquing, beach-combing, bird watching, boating, scenic drives, searching for shells, walking on area hiking trails. There are kayak tours nearby and bicycles may be rented in Ellsworth. You can fish off the pier and hike in nearby Acadia National Park. You can swim in the ocean if you dare, or at Donnell’s Pond, Flanders or several places in the Public Reserve Lands of Maine.
Check-in is 3:00 p.m. and check out is 10:00 a.m.
Click Here to View Amenities
- Washing machine and clothes dryer
- Hair dryer
- Iron and board, linens, and towels provided
- Pantry items
- Fully equipped kitchen, including stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, dishes and utensils for cooking and dining.
- Dining area, seating for 12 people
- 2 full bathrooms upstairs, one with tub/shower, one with shower
- 1 half bath downstairs
- 6 bedrooms, sleeps 14,
- Master bedroom – 1 queen, Ocean view, desk, couch, 1 large, 2 small closets
- Bedroom 4 – 2 twin/ single , One bed has ocean view
- Nursery – 1 child bed , 1 baby crib
- Large bedroom – 1 queen, Ocean view, 2 desks, walk-in closet
- Bedroom 3 – 1 double, Ocean view, desk, small closet
- Bedroom 5 – 1 double , 1 twin/ single , 1 child bed , Two small closets
- Dining Area
- Game Room
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill (shared with Little House)
- Tennis at nearby courts
May 13th to June 10: $280/night, $1800/week, minimum stay 3 nights.
June 10 to September 18: $2000/week, Saturday to Saturday only.
September 18 to October 31: $280/night, $1800/week, minimum stay 3
Cleaning fee: $150
All rental prices include sales tax and are payable by check, 50% in advance to hold the booking and 50% on arrival.
$200/wk discount for both houses together in the high season, $150/wk discount in shoulder seasons.
Cancellation up to 60 days before entry: full refund
Cancellation between 59 and 30 days before entry: 50% refund
Cancellation less than 30 days before entry: no refund
Rescheduling to a later booking of the same or greater duration: in principle no charge, but please try to give us at least two weeks’ notice.
Big House on Hancock Point
17 Bay Avenue
Hancock Point, ME 04640